Frequently asked questions
What is Fairview Elementary PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. The FVES PTO is a nonprofit group comprised of parents, teachers, and staff dedicated to improving the educational experience of all students at Fairview Elementary School. Our goals are to encourage interaction between family and school, serve as a source of support, and work with teachers, staff, and the community at large to improve our children’s educational experience. The PTO works closely with the school administration to meet this goal.
What does the PTO do, exactly?
Who can join PTO?
Any parent or guardian of a current student of FVES as well as all current faculty and staff. The FVES PTO also welcomes any community member who wants to support Fairview Elementary.
How do I become a member?
All you have to do is complete our membership form and pay the yearly registration dues of $5.00 per family. It is never too late to join!
Do I have to pay for each child?
What are the benefits of membership?
First it gives you a voice! Your membership entitles you to vote at all meetings on PTO business. (There is one vote per household.) You may desire to volunteer to help with our many events throughout the year. Volunteering is encouraged but NOT required. In a way just paying your dues helps us fund programs that enhance your child’s learning experience.
What programs does PTO fund and support?
• Providing Field Trip Transportation Costs
• Designing and Selling Spirit Shirts and Hoodies
• Raising Funds for Campus Improvements
• Sponsoring Green Club
• Teacher Appreciation Luncheons
• Book Fair Scholarships
• Box Tops for Education
• Selling and Distributing Pre-packaged school supplies
When and Where are the PTO Meetings?
Why should I come to PTO Meetings?
• The number one reason is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. The PTO is a great opportunity to become involved in your child’s education at FVES.
• Get connected! There is no better way to get involved in what is happening or is going to happen at FVES.
• Stay informed. By getting involved at FVES, you will be part of the team helping to make positive changes.
• Tap into a network. Come and share ideas, concerns, and experiences with other parents and educators in the community. PTO functions are an opportunity to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and be informed.
• Be a role model. By becoming active in the PTO, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education. Studies show children do better in school when parents are involved.
• Speak Up. PTO offers a forum for exchanging ideas as well as making suggestions. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively express change at FVES.
How can I help?
Please consider helping in any way that fits your schedule. There are many things that you can do to help. Perhaps what works best is to show your support through making a financial contribution. Maybe you can dedicate several hours to a special event or fundraiser. The amount of time you spend participating in PTO activities is up to your discretion. The important thing is that you become involved in your child’s educational experience. You may contact the PTO office or any of our Officers and let them know you are interested in volunteering and they will gladly help you find the perfect place. Even if the school year is underway, it is never to late to get involved! FVES needs you!